- What is the connection between the modern Olympics and ancient Olympia?
- Why did the ancient Olympic Games cease?
- How did the modern Olympics begin?
- What are the ceremonies, traditions and ideals of the Olympics?
- Why is Hippocrates considered the Father of Medicine?
Nov 15 2009
Dear Teacher, Re: “Lexi and Hippocrates find trouble at the Olympics” The story I wrote is fictional. The only historical character was Hippocrates. However, the story’s historical setting is based on research as shown in the list of references. Lexi Catt is my narrator who by relating his “meowmoirs” depicts some of the history of medicine. In this particular story, he also depicts some of the history of the Olympics. His first story takes place in ancient Egypt. The third story will be of Dr. Lister. There will probably be eight or nine “tails” in the series. As a story of fiction there is much historical information left out. This might raise questions from students. To save you time I wrote out some of my notes. Perhaps they will provide some interesting answers. The five questions I addressed are: